Montana becomes third state to legalize physician-assisted suicide

How many more will follow suit?
So, Oregon, Washington, and now Montana.
Are you for or against it?

"A divided state supreme court ruled Thursday that neither state law nor public policy prevented doctors from prescribing lethal drugs to terminally-ill patients who want to end their lives."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0102/Montana-becomes-third-state-to-legalize-physician-assisted-suicide

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i'm 4 it!
    DM-dreamgirl

Answer by DM-dreamgirl at 6:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I honestly dont know how I feel about that.
    I mean ya they are suffering but it is just legalized murder.
    I just honestly dont know.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• How long can you last in pain? In cases of MS, there is absolutely NO effective painkiller in the last years.
    That's YEARS of agony in every single waking moment.
    Don't these people have a right to end their suffering?
    Don't human beings deserve the right to decide when THEIR life is no longer worth living?

Yes it can be abused, and that is terrible. But so is allowing people to die in agony for years, with no hope of reprieve.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It just seems to go completely against the Hippocratic oath. Doctors are to "do no harm". I just don't know about this.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think suicide should be legal. Period. Your life, your choice.

Having a doctor help in terminal patients relieves suffering, so that's a good thing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

***********************
    if the person wants to go -let them go... at least you know they were ready
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• im for it........
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Once again, government and commoners trying to get into the private business of people they don't even know. I am all for it. It's not my business what people do with themselves, and who am I to say who can or cannot die? I'd also much rather it be a peaceful, clean, private death, than someone blowing their brains out, having it all over the news, and their family damaged forever. Plain and simple, it's a private matter.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not surprised but at some point there will be doctors that do cross the line and kill people who don't want to actually die. It is a slippery slope.
    Anonymous

• If anyone has watch a parent(s) die from late stages of Alzheimer’s they would understand why it’s very much needed.  The ends journey for many. The option should be there.

Anonymous