Is my anxiety bad enough to seek help?

I have sexual anxiety. I want sex but when it comes down to it i get to nervous to either do it or enjoy it. is there a way to fix this or should i find therapy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Ok first how old are you? If you are pretty young like under 25 you just may not be mentally sexually mature which is fine. Also whoever you with you may not trust enough to go to that level, when you are with somebody you trust that much it is different. I really don't know without more info if getting therapy is needed now. What makes you uncomfortable?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm 19 and I'm married so I'm very close to my partner. I want to be close to him but since i had the baby it hurts down there and reminds me of a very painful rape i experience when i was 16. i wish it wasn't sore down there. I used to be able to fight the anxiety because it felt good and i had a libido. now it have to work for my libido and it hurts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well there's part of your problem. Just having a baby can cause a hormonal imbalance which can cause pain. Check with your doctor about that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2010