IF I turn out to be pregnant as I think I am would it be ok to stick to this diet?

Not like starving myself but just not eating certain things, IE pastas.
Im over weigh and have been trying to lose weight.
I have been eating mainly fruits and veggies some meats and once in a great while pasta.
I have also been eating tuna and 12 grain bread. I drink water and grapfruit juice ( i cant stand grapsfruits and it helps me not get infections like UTIs)
Would it be ok for me to still eat like that?
I just want to know that it will be ok if I end up not gaining ALOT or even if I lose a little.
I am not going to TRY to lose it if I am pregnant I just want to be careful on how much I would gain.
The reason I really think I am is because besides some so so symptoms I have had a HUGE increase in clear discharge.
So would it be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Congratulations!!
    I think the only problem might be tuna. Tuna has a lot of mercury in it because it is a predatory fish (like sharks). Just switch that to salmon, easy peasy!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yes it would be ok. There have been recent studies that say that overweight and obese women should not gain weight or even lose a little weight while pregnant it is healthier for her and the baby. It lowers gestational diabetes a lot. Also just so you know you should not eat tuna more than once a week if at all tuna has a lot of bad stuff from the ocean. Just make sure that you get enough energy from you food to keep yourself going. Good luck and congrats if you are pregnant.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Thanks so much, I just want to be careful :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• That would be great to eat!! eating healthy is wonderful to do while pregnant! Just i would avoid the Tuna.. Im 6 weeks preggo and have given up tuna all together (its hard because i loved it, but its just the best thing!)
    Good luck and sounds like perfect timing to eat this healthy!!! Good luck on your pregnancy and have a happy and healthy 9 months!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Thanks Alot ladies!
    I will try salmon sk_tennyson
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2010