If you say God SPEAKS to you...

What does he sound like? Does he have a deep, manly baratone voice? A high girly one? Does he have an accent? How do you know you're talking with anyone but yourself?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ROFL! @ anon35..seriously, this is your argument? oh geez...

some of your responses are downright hideous..OP was asking a question, i (and others) assumed out of curiosity..why goad her into a defense mode? she seriously does not have faith in God, and you mock her by chastising her for that? what good does your message do? how harmful and destructive do you want to be? you don't know her heart, you don't know her mind, and you don't know her intent. her questioning may very well be part of her 'path' to something profound! she wouldn't be the first person to want proof of her questions/answers...there are of biblical stories that show humans asking for proof when God spoke to them. lots of God-called 'heros of the bible' doubted. we are too quick to applaud those who belief comes automatically, and just as quick to boo those who's belief doesn't.
    i don't know what else to say..just that i'm saddened.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• faith
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• When God speaks to me, it's not an auditory sound. i don't HEAR it. It's more like a thought, very strong, that feels different than if I think it. He speaks to my heart...

Example
    My DH and I were having trouble getting pregnant... trying for 2+ years at that point. My sister found out she was preg w/ her 3rd kid (she's 2 yrs younger than me) and I was at the breaking point... I cried for hours and prayed. God said one word to me, "Marriage." He said this 3 times. I didn't "hear" it at all. I FELT it...

2 mo later I found out that my DH was cheating on me, and had been since right before my sis got pregnant. I had NO CLUE about it. GOD later told me where to look to find the pre-paid cell phone he had purchased to keep in touch with the OW.Again-- a thought, a feeling. Not an auditory voice...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• The voices are NOT on your side.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Anon, When you 'felt' the word did you hear your own voice recognizing what you felt? So still... how do you know it's from God and not just your subconscious solving your own problems? Why do you attribute it to something 'other worldly' instead of coming from within your self?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I've heard people say 'God told them this' and then it didn't happen. Did God change his mind, were they not really talking with God, did they not her correctly or were they just crazy?

Why would a God take the time to talk to someone about their lost keys, or their porn watching husband when there is so much pain, destruction and suffering going on in the world?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• what mrsowen said..faith. it all stems from faith..which is hard to grasp, or even is unattainable to someone who doesn't believe faith is a thing. we believe in the Holy Spirit (part of the Godhead/trinity) speaking to us..its not a mind-thing, but rather a heart-thing...which brings us back to faith. why not attribute it to something 'other worldly'? sometimes, the two worlds (other and self) can work in tandem. you have a brain, and the knowledge, and experience (sometimes)..and you have faith (well, we do) in God to work things out according to what we need.
    we believe the Holy Spirit lives within us, once you've repented and accepted/blahblahblah..so in a strange sense, i guess you could say its like talking to yourself. you and your personal Spirit, which comes from God.
    ...i think. lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Why would a God take the time to talk to someone about their lost keys, or their porn watching husband when there is so much pain, destruction and suffering going on in the world? --op

perhaps as everything goes, one man's (or woman's) lost keys are another man's destruction and suffering? meaning, what you (or anyone) deems of immense importance, isn't necessarily what someone else deems important. yes, world hunger, human trafficking, war..its all important and thought-consuming and worrisome. but so is lost keys, or marriages being torn apart because of one spouse's throwing his committment out the door in favor of something else.
    why would God take the time....because He's God, and things happen for a reason, human freewill, etc. could God put an end to human suffering (real stuff, not just lost keys)? i believe 'yes'..why doesn't He? IDK. but each of us can do our part and choose good actions, rather than bad/war.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Sounds like you are making fun....When God speaks to you, you just know it's him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It's a whisper. A gentle tugging at the fibers of my soul.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2010