How long does it take for the pill to become effective?

or more specifically Necon 1/35 ? I have been on it for a month now and Im on my off week now. Me and my fiancee had unprotected sex last night though and Im still kind of worried...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Health

• Ive always heard to wait at least a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• when i started on the pill my doc said not to have unprotected sex for about 2 months to give the pill a chance to work real good.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• At least a month so use other precautions!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• why don't you call your doctor? Its been a long time for me but i remember it was effective right away,Good luck I am sure you will be safe,
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 5:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• if you took the first 3 weeks and are now in your off week, you should be protected. If you want to double check, you can try talking to you doctor, but I'd recommend a pharmacist. Doctors go to school to diagnose and treat the sick. They have a few classes regarding medications, but pharmacists go to school for 3 years to learn about the medications they work with every day.
    lt1jane

Answer by lt1jane at 11:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010