Is it normal to still be bleeding almost a month postpartom? (TMI)

My daughter will be 1 month on the 8th, and im still bleeding. I bled the bright red stuff for 1 1/2 weeks, then the brown stuff for 1/2 a week and now its back to bright red and kinda slimy. But the amount is about that of a light period. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you MAY be having your period, mine returned like clockwork, even though I was nursing.

no, its not uncommon... BRIGHT red is the bodies way of saying SLOW DOWN, don't do so much, take it easy, recover. some women experience bleeding for as long as 8 weeks... my sister did. there is no set time frame for it to begin or stop, ever woman if different. but like I said, a bright red flow means that it is time to slow it down a bit.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. I bled for 6 weeks after both of my sons were born. If you're concerned call the doc.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 11:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I bled for 8 weeks after one of my kids. If you are concerned, call your doc about it.
    Gaia_Rain

Answer by Gaia_Rain at 11:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You can bleed up to 6-8 weeks postpartum. Then go right into your regular period.
    When DS was born I bled for six weeks and then a month later had my period.
    When DD was born I bled for two weeks and then the next month had my period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2010