Wahhhhh

Not really a question but a wahhhh.... Im doing this here because I need to get it out and here I can do it anonymously.

Hubby and I both need new cars. Mine broke a month ago and we had to replace the transmission... at the time we couldnt afford a new car so we went ahead and just had the transmission rebuilt. Now we can afford a new car so hubby gets one... I will get my new car next year this time when the transmision warrenty is up.

So huby went yesterday to buy his new car and they didnt have it in the color he wanted so he came with out a car... we talked about what what to do. Now he is thinking he will buy the car I want, drive it for a year, then give it to me and buy the car he wants next year.

Ugh........ that seems so unfair.

If I sit and think it through rationally it does make financial sence but wahhhhh I want a new car - he will get two!!!!

I know Im acting like a spoiled child - I know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• then maybe he can wait a little or look around at other dealers to see if he can get the exact car he wants. My first new car I almost settled for red, and then we went to another dealer, actually got a better deal and i got it in the color i wanted. That way you can still have your new car when the time comes and the new car smell can be yours and yours alone. lol Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2010

• well i thought he was childish, not the right color? but do what needs to be done i think though who ever drives more distance and weight calculated i would use this year car for that person, keep next years carc as like new as possible
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• eww no tell thats stupid. Tell him to let you buy the new car you want and drive your old car till he gets his.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• No, I think that's rather selfish of him. He's choosing him getting his new car and your new car before you do. If you're going to get your new car that you want, you should drive it and he gets the beater. If he's getting his new car, then he drives it and you get the beater. He's being selfish by getting your car and getting to drive it. Then getting his car and getting to drive it. Stand your ground and say "No, if we get my car, I get it."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Goodness gracious! They can order the color he wants for crying out loud. If they don't have the vehicle he wants in the color he likes then he should choose from the ones they offer.
    My husband did this to me twice and I am po'd about it, which is why I hope you put your foot down and tell him "NO!" Make him get his own car and then buy you your car next year.
    I didn't even get to have my first car because hubby totalled it in September 2009. We now have a SUV, which is supposed to be mine, while he is looking for his car, but one thing or another keeps coming up....grrrrrr.
    Meanwhile, I'm driving an old clunker that is ready to die any moment. I don't dare drive out of town with it in case it does break down and I have to pay for a cab ride home.
    Be firm with your husband. If he can afford a new car while you can get buy with the used one, then have him do it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Op here - Shannon 85 I have to disagree.... if you are paying for a new car it should be the color you want. I dont think that is childish at all. I have to agree with hubby on that - wait and order the color or not get the car.

PrydferthMenyw - agreed on ordering... but he decided to come home and weigh out all the options before ordering the car. They looked ALL over so. cal. and couldnt find it in the color he wanted, to order would be about a month wait.

To those who thinks he should drive the "clunker" - neighter are... they simply need to be replaced because they are not that reliable. Mine however, is now fixed. He can not drive mine because he has to drive clients around and that would be pretty tacky to pick them up in a 8 yr old VERY used mini van. So thanks for that suggestion - but not viable.

I think he will get his car and I will get mine - but thanks for letting me whine.
    Anonymous