Meal ideas for a picky family?

So I just took a live in nanny position and this family is so picky. Pancakes for breakfast, chicken for lunch, practically nothing for dinner. So I need easy and healthy meals for all 3 meals for 2 toddlers, a 6 year old and a 14 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I guess you should show them some pics and ask them more questions. I alway like to ask "what DON'T you like first. The answers are usually shorter. then you can mix in some stuff they DO like.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Pizza can be healthy, most kids like soups and pasta with sauce, you can hide a lot of vegetable in soups and sauces by pureeing them. Mac and cheese with ground meat. Smoothies with fruit and vegetables. Caesar salad.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Try allrecipes.com

Here are some recipes that I use from there all the time.
    Hashbrown Casserole
    Garlic and Ranch Turkey Burgers
    Easy Baked Tilapia (if they like seafood...)
    Salsa Chicken
    Rempel Family Meatloaf (I use ground turkey for this)

I also have a home daycare and making sure I follow the USDA food program guide is an easy way to make sure the children are eating right. Google "daycare menus" to get an idea of what they are serving and google "USDA food program" to figure out what food groups the kids should be eating from at each meal/snack time.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• A lot of kids will say they don't like something without ever actually trying it. Try to get them to explore new things.. make it fun, or rewarding.. They might end up with a new favorite food, and it would be so much easier for you to prepare meals!
    Anonymous

• I took care of a very picky 3 yr old girl and I have my own picky 5 yr old son, so we would go to the grocery store and they would help me pick out things they like and it had to be healthy things.

My son is so picky that His preschool teacher questioned me about his lunches I was sending. She couldn't believe all he eats is jelly sandwiches.
    I do know the struggle but just keep offering healthy choices and off zero junk until something healthy is eaten first.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Send me a message offlist; I have a ton of healthy, family friendly recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 3:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

I have tons of stuff for every dietary need. Most meals are under 20 minutes.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010