12 weeks pregnant and have a bad cold!

I have a really bad cold - stopped up nose, cough, sneezing, hoarse and can barely talk, just feel miserable! What can I take? (I know to call the Dr, but they aren't open today. I guess I'm looking for home remedies - I am taking Vitamin C tablets and gargling with warm salt water)

Asked by missanc at 12:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Health

• Home remedy of Ginger Tea helped me when i was sick and pregnant:
    Ingredients
    Fresh ginger
    Fresh lemon
    Honey

directions
    Peel the skin from about 6 inches (or several "thumbs") of fresh ginger. Cut ginger into small chunks. Put into the bottom of a teapot of mug.

Squeeze the juice of one-half of a lemon over the ginger.

Add honey to taste.

Pour boiling water over the mixture. Let steep for 4 minutes before enjoying. (I refill the same pot or mug a few times, adding a bit more honey and lemon with each serving but preserving the ginger as long as I can.)
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 12:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Regular strength Tylenol, and Robitussin...just the regular kind not the DM or whatever else they have. That was all my Dr. told me to take when I was sick. The gargling with warm salt water is good.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I was sick while i was pregnant too, and my doctor said tylenol products. Also, if you don't seem to be getting better, as i was not, my doctor prescribed me baby antibiotics. I was so miserable and i knew something had to be done.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My Doctor told me that Tylenol products are the way to go. She never recomended anything else to me for anything.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Thank you so much!

Answer by missanc at 7:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010