Need further instuction on removing fake nails, please!

Thank you ladies who answered my acrylic nail question. Here's the thing, I have 2 nails that still have about 1/2" of acrylic nail left on the tips. I think I might have damaged my actual nail b/c I just cannot get the glue to release! I cannot soak them in the acetone anymore b/c it hurts (that's why I think I may have cut my nail bed or skin surrounding the nails...) I also have a thumb and pinky on one hand that still has the whole fake nail b/c I am scared to try and get these off! Needless to say I look rather silly at the moment, but silly-looks are nothing compared to wanting to do this correctly. When you say "it will take time" how much time are we talking? It took over an hour to do one hand (leaving the one nail finally due to the above explanation) and about an hour to do 2 1/2 nails on the other hand the next day! I didn't understand the orange stick advice at first, and like the filing while soaking..

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 12:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• go to a salon and have them professionally removed
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• warm acetone and use the orange stick to push off the gooey stuff
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You can use a fine-grit emery board, and file off the top layer. That's how I do it. After I file them down as close as I can get to the natural nail, I cover with a neutral nail polish. It's a lot less damaging to the nails then ripping the fake ones off. They don't look bad if you take your time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2010