More nail removal info (part 2)

I used the orange stick to start prying from the cuticle towards the end of the nail, and I'm sure I'll need something to strengthen my nails. Sally Hansen has so many products ~ do you have any specific suggestions? And the nails that I was able to fully remove have a bit of tearing near the end (which is where the glue would've been applied. ) What kind of glue would they have used? Does the nail glue sold in stores catering to cosmetologists hold this strongly? Or do you think this inexpensive place owned by Vietnamese is using airplane glue? And how in the world do I get the glue to release?? Thanks for any and all answers.

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 12:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• acrylic nails will RUIN your real ones. I personally hate them. really all you can do now that you got them off is to cut them short and baby them. When I was in school I hated putting them on and taking them off! if you pull at them or peel them off it will tear your real nail (obviously) so you really have to take the time to get them off right. File them down first then soak-soak-soak (use warm acetone)and use the orange stick
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I have had acryclic over my own nails for over 25 years, they are the best thing that happened to me, I always have manicured nails and it gave my own nails a chance to grow, the acrylic protects them from chipping nail polish, or breakage. If you are taking your acrylic off, I suggest you use a nail clipper and do it in sections, once they are off it will be a while before you regrow that first layered removed for the acrylic to take, to grow back. Your nails will be a mess for a long time to come, so be ready to be very patient.....

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• * also I would always leave the last stubborn bit on there and jsut file it down and let it grow out-it definitely beats ripping it off and tearing the nail
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2010