Ladies, I need your help!

My husband and I are getting a divorce and I need as many ideas as possible for the parenting plan. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Our DS is 7 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok,im in a similar boat,my daughter is 8 months old and me and her father (my husband) left in September so she was around 5 months old.If you have any family that lives near you that will definatley help.Before I lost my job I had to work 5-1 so my dad would take my daughter to the babysitters and I would pick her up on my way home.It's not easy,especially financially because you never make enough to do what you have to.I recommend having stability in his life which means keeping the same babysitter,living in the same place which you have been if possible,just keep a regular rotine,it'll get easier after a while
    Anonymous

• OP here-My son and I live with my parents and have been for a while now, and every need of ours gets met. His dad comes to see him most days for about an hour and he provides all his diapers, formula, etc. I just need to know what I should put in the parenting plan. His dad can only handle him by himself for a short time, so I don't want him staying with him overnight til he's older.
    Anonymous

• If you and your husband not get along but is better to be friends. Your child still need both of you. Is okay for father to visit some day. While he visit take child out for dinner, park or anything fun. Ofc your child need mom too. You take your child for fun too. Wait when your child get older like 7 years old to up than sleepover with dad. All you to force your child life whatever u make she or he happy. Whatever You have plan for your child for fun to have best childhood and best mom in world!!!
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 3:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It sounds like you already have it figured out. Just put that dad pays for diapers, formula, ect; and that when ds is so old and daddy feels for comfortable that he can start staying the night. Mention how long you want his dad to visit and how many days a week and so on. Be as specific as possible.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010