What are your thoughts on this article?

http://wingnutwatch.typepad.com/wingnutwatch/2009/04/why-adoption-is-often-the-better-decision-.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Adoption

• It makes me happy that with all the negative stuff that is out there about adoptees being "damaged goods" this proves that dead wrong.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I think that for the most part it is true
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Let's see...
    I was raised in a 2 parent home. Molested by dear old dad, beaten by mom, parents were drunks, mom ended up becoming a druggie, and my brother and I ended up in the foster care system, where our abuse continued, until my brother got to go live with the grandparents, but I was "damaged goods, so I had to stay in the system until they literally kicked me out at age 18. From there, I ended up living on the streets of Hollywood, and even the L.A. Times did a story on me and other street kids. Just about every other person I met while growing up came from the same background as I did. We were not poor, either. Father was a house painter, and mom worked part time for Camp Fire Girls. We lived in a big 4 bedroom house. Just typical right wing blubber in that article.
    Anonymous

• I personally think it's a load of garbage. No woman, regardless of age, should feel she is not good enough to be a mom. And since people can't force their teen daughters into giving up their babies, they now use inflated statistics that claim they wouldn't be able to do it alone or statistics like the one above that make it sound like their child will have this dream life she can never give them.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/1367897?verify=0
    this study pretty much debunks the blog
    Anonymous

• or vice versa...the blog debunks your article
    Anonymous

• I understand that realizing the truth behind the blog hurts some wounded souls even deeper. Some wounded souls that find a sense of warped solace to think the children they placed are forever screwed up and cannot be happy and healthy. I find that very sad.
    Anonymous

• I agree with that article. Children that are adopted are really wanted and loved, whereas, many children born to impoverished teens suffer alot becaluse of it Adopted children usually grow up with both parents who are educated and are capable of giving them a life full of opportunities. I've worked with both adopted children and children from teen moms. Many children from teen moms have behavioral probems, whereas, the adopted children always seem very well adjusted with parents who are very involved in their lives.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I believe that's only true if the child is white and from a good background.
    Anonymous