How did u do it?

My daughter is 2, almost 3 and is potty trained during the day. We are working on night-time now, but i was wondering if you had any opinions? I put her on the floor with her favorite blanket, and i use training panties (the thicker ones), she peed around 1 am, and then shes good until 8am. when i woke her this morning.
Oh, and the reason i put her on the floor is because its easier to clean a coupple blankets and i dont want to ruin her mattress. i discussed this with her and she understands that its only until she doesnt pee.

mrsjosey1018200

Asked by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some kids can hold it all night, ut some kids have to be woken up until they get that they have to wake up and go themselves. My son I woke him up 3 times the 1st week 2xs the 2nd and 1x after that and when he was ready he got up by himself. Now my DD she is one that will have t learn by herself cause she is a bear when woken and waking her will not work. But she can hold it all night.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I put a plastic mattress cover on the bed, that way I can just take the sheets and blankets off and wipe off the plastic. It's a lot more comfortable than lying on the floor, and was only a couple of dollars at Walmart. I also used pull ups at night until recently, my son is 4. He wets the bed occasionally, but not often enough to be worth wasting so many pull ups. I don't know how to get him not to wet the bed though, some nights I hear him get up and use the toilet so I know he can do it, but other nights he doesn't. Maybe it has to do with how deep he is sleeping when he has to go, I don't know. It's not a big deal though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It's easiest to just put them in pull ups at night. My oldest took years to learn. My younger 2 were pretty fast. When I noticed them waking with a dry pull up for a few weeks I knew they were ready.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i did not do this stressing as far as at night. Most kids will outgrow this. The best you can do is limit drinks. My oldest wet the bed steadily till almost 5 at night! If she is barely 3 accidents at night are expected and I would use pull ups. You are expecting too much from a 2 yr old! Night always takes longer for most kids anyway!!
    Anonymous

• well, when i give her the choice to wear pull ups or big girl panties, she doesnt want to wear pull ups. im expecting accidents, but i just want to know what you did to change them. tonite (night 4) we are cutting off her drinks at 7p and she goes to bed at 830. she has a blanket that is really hard to clean, thats why she sleeps on the floor. i make sure shes comfortable before i leave the room.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree with cutting off the drinks. Keep trying this for a few nights. My dd was almost 6 before she quit wetting at night. She sleeps very deep and would not wake up. One night I ran out of pullups, so I woke her up to go. I decided to wake her for the next few nights instead of buying more pull ups. One night I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake her up. she actually woke up dry! So don't stress too much. If she is dry, great. If she continues to wet, don't give her the option. If her blanket is too hard to clean, but she can't hold it all night, then make her wear the pullups overnight if you want her to sleep in her bed. It may take longer if she can't hold it all night. All you can do is try it for a while.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2010