Would like to start an early dinner....

I just got a Roaster Oven and would like to make a dinner on low for the day. ANY easy receipe suggestions out there. Maybe something I wouldn't have to run to the store for. The normal household items.

I have chicken, steak, hamburger, and some seasoned Ribs. Any suggestions or Ideas?

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 12:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You could try the crockpot group on cafemom or google the namebrand of your roaster and add the word recipes

such as " rival recipes ideas"
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't know anything about roaster ovens, just crockpots, but the crockpot group would know what to do
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Use it like you'd use your oven. Cook a chicken at 250 (but it's kinda dumb IMO to just do a single chicken or a small amount, it'd be less clean up to use a 9x13 pan in the oven), do the ribs, whatever. I use my roaster mainly to make huge batches of soup (a roaster full feeds my family of 6 4-5 meals depending on the kind). I've never used it just to make a regular meal.
    Anonymous