Would you be offended?

I kinda got butthurt when this guy I like (he is very attractive) told me that he wished I was drunk because I am more open and fun to talk to ... on new years I was texting him all kinds of crazy things because I was drunk (which made it easier) and because I like him, now I guess I am just boring when I'm sober.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• If your more open when your drunk then when your sober why don't you just try to be more open and try to relax a little. its not a crime to have fun sober.

Good luck.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 1:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It's not that your boring; your nervous when you're sober and thinking/worring too much about what he/ppl will think about xyz - when you were drunk you didn't think; you just acted. Good in this instance; but not all!

Try telling yourself; esp if he's new; you've got nothing to lose. Be as open; honest; and up front as possible now before you're in too deep; then later there will be no surprises. Take a deep breath and just go for it. GL
    Anonymous

• What did you say to him on the text? You said you went a little crazy? If you where talking dirty and sexy than thats all he wants from you
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i wouldnt be too offended. not like he is thinking of dumping you or losing you cause he doesnt like your sober side. sounds like he's just pointing out your drunken side and telling you what its like. you should be laughing.

im pretty sure he didnt say you were boring..your just assuming.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• He just said I'm not as open and fun when I am sober... On New Years I was talking about kissing him and then we got into this big conversation about doing it and how I couldn't but I was tempted.

~OP
    Anonymous

• OP - it sounds to me really like your just a little shy and maybe selfconsious. It's ok. I've been with my SO for 9.5 yrs; we have two kids; but if he wants anything beyond 'boring' in the bedroom I need a few drinks.

I take myself too seriously; I am wound a little tight and can't seem to laugh at things I should sometimes; it helps me to relax and not worry about every little thing and just enjoy the moment with him.

It really sounds to me that when you are sober you are thinking too much about doing something 'wrong' that you kind of become a wall flower of sorts and when you're drinking you're just letting loose. Try like I said breathing and letting loose a little bit more when you're sober; take a chance - it'll be worth the risk :)
    Anonymous

• He just wants more sex/kissing talk~! DUH~!
    Anonymous

• He's probably the one who's not fun and expects you to do all the talking and fun stuff. Maybe he should open up more and maybe you should stop worrying about what he thinks about you. I'm sure in due time once he get to know the real person inside then you will have more confidence more and more each time you are together. Take it slow because sometimes it takes more time then you realize to get to know a person. Just because he's handsome doesn't mean he friendly. So, learn all you can while you are sober and decide if you should move on or not. good luck!
    Anonymous

• everyone is more open when they are drunk, it doesnt mean that u are boring while u r sober, but jus that its easier to talk & u dnt really care wat people think about u wen u r drunk.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 1:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2010