Ummm...wow

Fox News' Brit Hume gave Tiger Woods some personal advice Sunday morning, telling the scandal-plagued (and Buddhist) golfer to 'turn to Christianity' to make a full recovery.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," Hume said. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger would, 'Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world"

what do you guys think of this?
I couldn't beleive it when he said it-I turned to hubby and said "OMG did he jsut say that?"

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 1:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont think changing ones religion is the cure all for anything, you are the only person who can change the path you are on. changing from a buddhist to a christian isnt going to help if the person isnt willing to change. Who syas that he cant find the right path in his own religion.

I also noticed something after reading it 4 times, this man is saying basicly that hey if your faith doesnt offer an easy way out come over here and join the christians! That to me doesnt sound like a great message to be sending.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Sounds about right.
    I hear that often towards me and towards others who arent christian when certain types of hard times show up.

Sadly, christianity is not the fix all some believe it to be. This reporter just said it over the airwaves is all compared to most saying it in smaller venues.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well, Jesus can forgive him and change his life.

Right now Tiger is out of control. He is ruining his life by seeking pleasure. He is definitely not doing a good job walking the "eightfold path" LOL.

I personally, like Brit Hume, and I agree with what he said. Although I know some people will think it is the wrong forum for it, and they will think it is condescending and politically incorrect.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Barf is what I think. What a pompous ass hat to think that only his religion is the right one. Doesn't surprise me, though.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i didn't realize Tiger was a Buddist. i'd say his yin and yanger are out of whack.
    Brit Hume rocks!
    Anonymous

• I agree with what he said but I just don't think its news.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• inappropriate
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well, it's arrogant and rude....what a shining example of Jesus' life.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• So many words to describe what he said...belligerent, arrogant, rude etc. I am sure Tiger along with the rest of the U.S. have heard of Christianity. All that reporter did was make themselves look like a pompous windbag.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith.

*blinks a few times*

Okay, I AM a Christian and this bugs me. He makes it sound like an insurance plan. You know how Allstate offers accident forgiveness? "Faith" simply doesn't work that way. You can't just turn it on/off/switch it.

Yay. Another Christian making us all look like idiots.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010