Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food stamps

Hi ladies so my sister recives food stamps from the state of oregon and she just called me asking to borrow mobey because she lost her oregon trail card and said that she isn't going to be able to get it replaced until she goes into the office monday fills out paperwork and they mail her a new one....I don't know if i beleive her. If anyone knows how that works in the state of oregon PLEASE let me know!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (11)
  • Well she is telling you the truth about how it works but is she telling you the truth that she really did loose her card? Or if you are afraid that she might do something else with the cash that she is wanting to borrow maybe you can take her grocery shopping and just have her pay you back by taking you grocery shopping when she gets her card? But that IS how it works when you loose your food benefit card not only in Oregon but any state :) With WIC too.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • I have a friend who lost her Oregon Trail Card and she said she just went into the office and they gave her a replacement card right there....

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • OP HERE- Yeah i think she is gonna spend the moneyon something else and i don't want to help her at all! So one for she is telling the truth and one that says she can get a replacemnent at the office is there a tie-breaker out there?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • its sunday, most places are closed

    Answer by aeroslove at 2:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Tie Breaker= YOU call the office tomorrow morning and act like you lost your card and ask what they would have to do to replace it! :) That way you know for yourself if shes lying or telling you the truth!

    Answer by angieluv at 2:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • At the bottom of the link it says lost cards are replaced in office.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • "The client must come into the local office to get a replacement card. Before issuing a replacement, the card issuer must verify the client's identity and ensure that the old card is no longer active. When the client gets a new card, they can keep their old PIN or select a new one. " tHIS PROCESS CAN TAKE DAYS....BESIDES, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF SHES LYING OR NOT I AGREE WITH ANGIELUV....CALL!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • if it's your sister why not just help her out if you can? What if she does spend it on something else (like diapers or something) as long as it's not illegal why do you care? If you know she will pay you back then I wouldn't hesitate to borrow her money by helping you're doing something good and you'll feel good about doing it maybe she just needs food to get her thru today family don't turn their backs on each other in time of need and by you denying her and not borrowing money you are turning you back on her and maybe someday you'll need cash and she will remember you wouldn't help her and so she won't help you I hope this gives you something to think about:)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Oh she won't pay me back and she does this s*** all the time! She probably owes me around 1000.00 for all the times i have balied her out and i am sick of it!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.