Can you "drop" at 33 weeks 5 days?

I have been carrying my son really high all pregnancy, almost like my boobs are sitting on my belly when I relax. Well this morning when I was getting dressed a can fit my hand between my belly and boobs which I have not been able to do since about 25/26 weeks. Do you think I could have already dropped? My son has been head down for about 2 weeks now. Thanks

Avetay

Asked by Avetay at 2:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• almost 34 weeks is not "early" to drop, its totally normal. But you shouldnt really feel that much difference in where he is located so he probably just switched positions and moved a little bit. But yes... you can drop at 34 weeks! You have to drop multiple times before the baby comes so its fine to start now
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i think it's normal too. i never noticed my son dropping but my pregnancy book says it's normal a couple of months before birth. also i went to subway where i used to live once per week and always had the same woman make my sandwich. she dropped one week and everyone was saying she was going to have her baby any day. she was still working 2 months later. lol
    Anonymous

• Yes its fine to start dropping at this point in your pregnancy. I began dropping about 34 weeks with Evan and when I went in for my scheduled c-section 8 days before my due date, my doctor noticed I was contracting heavily and was in labor. Your doc will probably start checking your cervix around 36 weeks, but you might mention this at your next visit.
    debrapag2001

Answer by debrapag2001 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I wanted to add something to my earlier answer... it is very unlikely that by dropping that your fundus would appear to be 9 weeks shorter than it was before the baby "dropped" Dropping is often noticable but certainly not THAT noticeable so either your baby did drop and his/her butt is just sticking out further which would make your fundus appear lower (your belly would stick out further instead of being higher) or maybe your baby flipped and is now head up which would definitely make alot of the weight seem to be lower in your uterus and not up high. The second is unlikely but just because your baby was head down two weeks ago does NOT mean that it will stay head down. It should but babies can continue to flip and rotate
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yep totally normal. Sophia dropped really early, felt like a bowling ball between my legs at all times, but she didnt come till 37.5wks. I wouldnt worry about it! I cant believe you are almost 34wks now. It seems like you just announced that you were pregnant! Im super excited for you!
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It is normal, he probably has dropped. Since this is my second go-a-round, the normal stages change. My baby has dropped & randomly flipped out of position & flipped & dropped again several times. I can def. tell the difference when it happens too. My doctor says she will probably keep doing that till a day or so before I go into labor.
    MyKyRa07

Answer by MyKyRa07 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010