Do your kids fight CONSTANTLY??

Anthony and Skyler James nit pick at each other all day long and is driving me CRAZY!!! I have talked until I am blue in the face and I am losing all my patience with the both of them. Anthony is 8 and Skyler James is 4 -- you would think that they would know the difference between right and wrong things when it comes to ploaying and then turning into a fight.

Hubby talks to them in Spanish as he is Mexican and we are raising them bilingual and yet they don't seem to understand either language!! I am at my wits end and am about ready to move out!! (Not really but you understand)..Any help would be greatly appreciated for my sanity!!

Mysticalof4

Asked by Mysticalof4 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• IM sorry
    My brothers and I were fighters. I poped my brother once with a pringles can and made him bleed LOL
    The only thing that worked for us was when we were at grandmas and she didnt put up with it . Once we sat in seperate corners for an hour.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Im sorry! My daughters are 5 and 3 1/2 and they both argue and hit each other. Nothing we do works. If one of them do hit each other really hard they get in trouble and in time out. They have slapped, poked, hit. They wrestle and run after each other lol. We tell them to stop but they dont listen. I am constantly getting up and looking them in the eye to get them to stop but it doesnt work all the time.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• yeah ... mine are 7 n 6 they have fought since they were young ( boy / girl ) my ds is a year and a half older, he would take my dd toys away and give her the ones he didn't want. By the time she could crawl she was taking her toys back and getting even
    :) now they play together all the time. I hope they are close when they grow up to. They still argue, fight, wrestle,cry to me so n so did this, sometime i have no choice but seperate them for a little while.i have to peek in on them and i could tell them to stop till i'm blue in the face. i think they know but their kids and kids fight so deal with it put headphones on or medaitate or just count to 10 if that works.. one day they'll be grown and you'll look back at those memories of them fighting and you pulling your hair out and want them little again ( maybe...lol ) lots of <3
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 3:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh man, mine is almost 4 and 9, boys.... They really are making me batty this holiday vacation!!!
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 4:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• my kids are 7(mentally 5) and 3 and they fight over everything my daughter even fighte with her brother if he is looking at her she says mom he's looking at me make him stop they spend most of the day apart
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 6:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Do you have sibs? Did you fight? We did. Not all the time, but for the most part. Age differences and personality conflicts will always be around when you have more than one child. It will lessen as they get older. Much older. I feel for you, but I think it is a part of life. I did however use this behavior to my advantage. I told them if they cannot treat one another kindly, I certainly cannot trust them to treat their friends well, so no friends over, and no going to friends until they show me respect for family. It worked.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2010