• In the Spotlight:

health insurance?

so wtf am i supposed to do now we make to much money to get medicade but not enough to get any other insurance. so i have no insurance and now that is illegal not that it isnt stressful enough sensing the fact i havent been able to see a doctor in a year since my husband has been out of the army. i dont know what i am gonna do and to tell the truth i am upset and angry about all this.

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Just making it illegal to not have insurance but not to offer a government option is bass-ackwards. I lived in Costa Rica. There they have government run, free hospitals, and private pay hospitals. Health Care there was fabulous. My Obgyn had better equipment there then mine does here. A visit to my Doc including an exam and a 3d imaging sonogram cost $60 cash per visit. I gave birth in the best hospital in the country, had an emergency c-section, and 4 days in the hospital, and our total bill was $2500.00. If our health care system wasn't so mired by private corporate insurance, and by sue happy lawyers, everyone could have healthcare. I wish you the best, and good luck.
    Almitra29

Answer by Almitra29 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• there are alot of options out there. You dont have to have super expensive insurance.

http://www.healthinsurance.org/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• lowest insurance in our area is 160 and we cant afford that we cant afford to put food on our table most nights. it is bull crap we live in income assisted housing and still can recive no help. my husband cant get a job because he is "over qualifide". this is how he is treated after serving in the military. i am losing all fath in our goverment seriously. tehy keep telling me if i have more children they could help me ummm.. im sorry i think it is stupid to bring another baby into this world when i can barly feed the 2 year old i have now.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Have you tried Catholic charities? They can help with food and help your husband find a job. I wish you the best. I know times are pretty hard now. Just keep your head up, things will get better. You can also look in to deseret industries IF they are in your area. It is Mormon run so if there isnt a huge Mormon presence in your area then they may not be there.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Okay, I am stuck on the hubby being "overqualified" because he was in the military. I have never heard of this! Former military members are given preference by many many employers including myself. Why did he get out of the military? Has he thought about going back in?

You should relax about being required to buy insurance. It isn't law yet. There is still a lot of squabbling to be done in DC before it is law.

Are you sick? Is that why you need to see a doctor or do you just need a checkup? We have an ob/gyn here that gives free annual exams to anyone on public assistance. We also have a clinic with family practice/dental/vision that provides service on a sliding scale according to income. They do not take Medicare or Medicaid and they are wildly popular.

As MrsOwen said visit Catholic Charities they have tons of help.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• every job my husband has gone to have an interview with has told him he was over qualified. and the same thing happend to my dad when he got out of the millitary my father served in the military for 24 years and retiered as a cheif and the only job he could get when we moved to this state (nc) was work in a factory. my husband was in for 3 years when his lung collapsed and they told him sorry you no longer have a job in the us millitary. i will call about the charities, but still dosent help with the no insurance. and i need to see a doctor because i have asthma, and many femail health problems we do have a free clinic once a month but you have to stand in line outside for hours and they might see you. my son is on medicade but i do not qualify. atleast my son is ok on the bright side. my husband has thought about trying to go back in once he finishes his degree.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not having health insurance isn't illegal yet. For that to happen, they have to combine both house and senate bills and then it has to be voted on again and then sent to be signed or vetoed by the president. We aren't there yet.

Anonymous

• http://www.bcbsnc.com/content/plans/individuals/index.htm?cmpid=sg2b1b1463
    ________
    I got quoted 102 dollars a month after 2500 deductible you 50% off doc visits after deductible 50% odd prescription etc etc. So tax time comes use your tax money to pay your deductible then only pay 102 dollars a month and you have great coverage except maternity.
    So go to the web site go to free quote
    Put in your info do not add a child or spouse
    No dental no maternity
    Click show me quote
    Choose Blue Options HSAsm (View compare benefits)
    The stuff highlighted in Blue is the coverage.
    PS. I used my info and my info got me a 102dollars a month with a down deductible of 2,500 dollars. Depending on your age if your younger than me it will be cheaper.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• im moving to Costa Rica lol. i know the law has not been passed yet but i am huge worrie wort. and im sorry 120 a month is still ridiculous for health insurance. doctors should stop being greedy and insurance companys are ridiculously over priced. i feel as if they are only trying this health care crap to tax us more not to help the people. our tax money is going to the wrong things any way, so they will tax us more and keep screwing us over. while it never benifits us
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2010