Drinking while Pregnant

So I'm not a idiot, I would never drink while I was pregnant because I know that everything goes to the baby that I drink or eat.

So why are doctors and people saying its okay to drink in moderation?

Do you think they're idiots too? Or do you support drinking while pregnant?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 3:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont support drinking or smoking while pregnant. I have seen people do both, and I think they are stupid as s***. Why even risk the health of your baby for 5 mins with a cigarette or a glass of wine etc.....Not worth it to me.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I dont support it but i had a glass of wine once during each trimester. If your not drinking heavily then its not awful. An occasional glass dosnt hurt.
    Anonymous

• i dont support the drinking women who become pregnant can let the drinks go til that child is born its not safe to be drinking an pregnant if they cant wait they should not become pregnant sorry my opinioun!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't drink but even if i did I would while pregnant. I would want to take any risks.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Medically speaking htere is an enormous difference between moderat e drinking, and getting completely trashed every night.
    There is absolutely no proof that a drink or two a week will harm your child in any way.

If you don't want to, that's your descisions. But mecially speaking, the doctors are telling the truth. An occasional drink in the last two trimesters is not a problem.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• ive heard a glass of wine a day is fine but I would rather not but the problem with that is I had a friend who did drink wine because her doc said it was fine but she would drink alot to the point where she was trashed throughout her pregnancy, eecckkk...
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 5:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• There's no proof of a set amount that is or isn't harmful. All I know is that there is a risk, and it is not worth it in my opinion. When I was pregnant, alcohol was the last thing on my mind anyway. I was too excited about being pregnant and doing things for my daughter.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• you are trying to start something here lol.... I had a few glasses of wine when I was prego and my son is smart as hell... as long as your not getting trashed your ok.... drinks in moderation are fine.... if not ppl in Europe would be fucked up right!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2010