How do I get my boys that sleep in the same room to sleep through the night?

The oldest in 2yrs and sleeps in a regular bed and the other is 1yrs and sleeps in a crib in the same room. The 1yrs old wakes up 3 times a night and wants a bottle to go back to sleep and the 2yrs old comes into our room and will scream if i try to take him back to his room. Both slept through the night before then we went to hawaii and they sat and slept on our laps and then they had to sleep with us on the floor where we were for the week now that we are home they will not sleep help????? I want another child but cant think about that till i get some normal mommy sleep! What do I do call super nanny?

Tsmamma

Asked by Tsmamma at 3:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try giving the one year old a sippy cup of water to bring to bed and see if that helps. If not, you may need to separate them for a bit. Do you have a pack n play you could put the one year old in until everyone adjusts to being back home????
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 6:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It is challenging when they share a room. I have 4 girls in one room, and when my 3 year old wakes crying in the middle of the night, she wakes everyone up. My 2 boys in the other room do fine. Mabie have your 2 year old sleep in a sleeping bag in another room for a few days (like a camp out) until you can get the 1 year old to sleep through the night. Then bring the 2 year old back in the room. I have a sticker chart and prize box for my 4 year old to help her sleep through the night. It works sometimes. I pray with her at night for God to please help her to sleep through the night, so she is thinking about it as she falls asleep.
    grace2joy

Answer by grace2joy at 7:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well when we put my 1 yr old in with my 4 yr old at first we had the 4 yr lay in our bed till the baby fell asleep. We had to really get over the transition with the 1 yr old before we could get the 4 yr old back in there at a decent hour.
    Anonymous