is this being lazy or a good idea?

im thinking about hiring a local cleaning/maid place to come in to do all my floors, shampoo the carpets and give the linoleum a good cleaning. the carpet has some stains i cant get out and looks dingy and the linoleum is always sticky even though we mop up spills as soon as they happen and then twice a week. im sure i could rent the equipment to do the floors but i dont want to tackle that on top of my regular cleaning, and plus we decided to paint some of the rooms...so what do you think? would you hire someone to clean your floors.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you have the money....have it done. It's so much easier than taking it all on yourself. Trust me, if I could afford to have someone do it, I would.
    Anonymous

• Well, if you're going to paint, I would wait until after you are finished. Then you could use that as your excuse to get a professional cleaning.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Im to picky I could never trust someone else to do it LOL
    No I dont see it as lazy.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Sure, why not? BTW, I have white carpet throughout my house- bad choice for kids, I know, but, I heard a tip years ago that's been working for me that you can try. Shaving cream- the cheaper the better. Squeeze some on stains, work it in, then get a warm washcloth and place over shave cream and stain and start working the stain out. It removes stain for up to 2 months and works in a pinch if you're short on cash and having company come.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 4:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i have my own carpet cleaner and everything but I would still pay someone to come do it if I could talk my husband into it lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I would love to hire someone to shampoo my carpets and deep celan my floors that would be so nice! I borrowed a friends floor cleaner for the non carpet areas and i have to do the hardwood by hand and then renting a machine for the rugs...ahhhh the idea of someone else coming in and doing that once a month or even once a year would be so nice lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• sure if I could afford it....LOL
    Anonymous

• If you can stand to pay a lot of money, go for it.
    Anonymous

• it wont cost that much and is actually $50 more than renting the equipment and buy my own cleaning solutions for those machines
    Anonymous