Second pregnancy is completely unplanned , my first one is 15months old.

Normally this news would excite any mother ,however it did not to us, when we first realised i m prgnant. We didn't want or planned for this .
Me and I my husband even went to planned parenthood to se our options.
Right now all i m thinking is how will i manage two little one,considering my first one is no even potty trained yet and is on breast feeding .
If you ask me I DON""t want it, but my husband is suggesting to continue with the preganny .
Right now this issue is on my mind 24/7 ,, please suggest ,in your opiion would be the rite desicion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first 2 are 16 months apart. I didn't have any issues. Many people have babies closer in age, many people tandem breastfeed too, many people have more than 1 child in diapers at one time (I had 3 in diapers at one point). Many people do it every day. Don't stress so much, accept the fact that you're going to have another little prince or princess to dote on and share the love with! My last baby was very much enexpected, but when I did the math I was too far along to do anything, and he ended up being my pride & joy. It'll be more real after you see a doctor & hear a heartbeat, and see the little bean on an ultrasound. You can do it mama, just like so many other women!
    Anonymous

• I cant advise what is best for your family- what I can say is that I found out I was pregnant when my 1st was 16m and still BF'ing. They are just shy of being 2y apart and are currently 4 & 2. I adore their age difference.. my oldest always adored his Little sister and now they are best friends its the greatest joy in my life to watch them play together- this time around there is a 28m difference between my daughter's ( i was again nursing when I became pregnant, ) so I survived ( and loved it!- the 1st time around enough to do it again) both of my children self weaned around 2 anyway ( although I was also never opposed to tandem BF'ing) I guess in a nut shell is even with 2 in diapers and 2 BF'ing and 2 under 2 in general it do-able and the goods will always outweigh the bads- it has it tough days but all in all Im grateful for the experience of 2 under 2

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 4:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you. My little one is 14 months and I'm 12 weeks pregnant. This was in no way planned for, and it's taking a concerted effort for us to be excited. I have two older ones (now 8 and 9) that were 18 months apart and these will be 20 months - I've done this before! It's very difficult when they are little (I also had one more I was dealing with at the time - he's now 12 and special needs), but it gets easier - when they are 3 and 4 they start to play together and will entertain one another. My 8 year old daughter and 9 year old son are very close and I know they will always be there for each other, which is a positive thing.
    We are continuing with this pregnancy because for me there just aren't any other options - I don't believe in abortion and I could never let someone else adopt my baby because I would always wonder . . . Good luck, just know you're not alone!

Answer by missanc at 6:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• maybe you shouldnt have sex unprotected if you didnt wanna another baby
    Anonymous

• why didn't you think of the consequences before you even had sex?? your child doesn't deserve to be punished because of your stupidity. your husband is right... continue with the pregnancy, having an abortion for your reason is selfish.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I understand there are many different reasons for abortions. In this case, because you don't think you can 'manage' two children... that's selfish, I agree with c lotte. Abortion is not birth control. But, in the end, it is your decision. You need to talk to your husband about all the options, and I would consider seeing a counselor as well.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 7:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• you will have to way out all options and see what is going to be best for you and your fam. if it was me, i wouldn't even think about an abortion or adoption. but, this is you and your fam's decision. it will be hard, but i think it will be well worth it. i am currently 19 wks pregnant and have a 16 mo. it's going to be hard, but it's what we wanted and got. there's no need to stop bfing while pregnant unless you have a history of preterm labor. you can still successfully bf your 15 mo for however long you and him/her want to.
    if you do decide to keep the baby, you can always look into getting an iud put into place after having the baby. that way, you will have some bc put into place and (depending on if you get the one w/ hormones or the copper iud) you have up to 5 yrs of protection.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• please dont abort a baby because you dont WANT it......... put it up for adoption if you simply can not take of it... you are the one who had unprotected sex.... this is why abortion pisses me off.. its not supposed to fix mistakes you make. ugghhh..
    Anonymous