feeding, soy formula, help please...

My ds will be 4 weeks old on Tueday...He has been drinking Soy formula for about 1 1/2 weeks now due to gas on his belly....well we have been feeding him when he was hungry....BUT he now is eatting 3 to 3 1/2 oz. every 2 hours....After the 3 or sometimes 4 oz. he is DONE, He doesn't want anymore but 2 hours later he wants to eat again....Is this Soy formula as filling as regular??? Is he going threw a growing spurt?? If so what do I do...because I can't move him up to more formula because he doesn't want anymore...Im so confussed and I just want to get him on some type of schedule....Help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well baby decides how much and when to eat not you or anyone else he is probably going through a growth spurt they do that alot in the first year
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Do you try other thinsg before feeding him?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• That seems normal for 4wks. Their tummy is only so big, so they cannot eat a lot at one feeding, but they WILL want to eat every 2hrs or so. I do want to know though, did your LO's pediatrician recommend the soy?? Most babies don't need soy, & it can lead to allergies later if you give it to babies who don't need it. If it was just a regular gas problem & not the fact that he has an intolerance to milk then you should consider gentle formula's (like Enfamil Gentlease or Parent's Choice Gentle) instead of soy. But either way, the soy is just as filling & your baby seems to be eating normally for his age.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• More likely that he realy needed the soy formula. He sounds about average for his age. He will let you know how much he needs. Its all good!
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010