ARGUMENTS!!! SO FRUSTRATING!

okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and my daughter and I have been living with him for the past year. We usually get along great, but I feel like he doesn't tell me things that hes unhappy with in our relationship. I, on the other hand, tell him, and then complain when I know he's holding back whatever he wants to say. I have a huge issue with the lack of communication and my NEED to say every little thing I have on my mind, not just negative things but with EVERYTHING. I don't know how to hold my tounge and I've spoken with him soo many times to see why he can't explain things to me better. But we're both stuck in this thing. I always give him time and ask him whats wrong, why wont you talk blah blah. but I end up doing all the talking while he sits there nodding his head or saying no i disagree. He wont explain why or anything. HELP ME!

sabree88

Asked by sabree88 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he could write down how he feels? Sometimes men have a hard time opening up.
    Anonymous

• You are thinking of this arrangement more as a marriage. That's not how he thinks about it. He's probably pretty content with things just the way they are, whereas you would like to see him make some changes, maybe act more like you think a husband would act. If he were really unhappy with anything about the arrangement, I think you can be pretty confident that he would let you know. The major problem you are having is that you are thinking more in family and nesting terms, while he is thinking more in terms of a nice convenient arrangement for himself. The truth is that while you may want to see some improvements, he is pretty happy with things just the way they are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You probably need to read the book Men are from Mars, Women from Venus .... that really really helps us understand what the male population is made up like. Men are pretty simple creatures.....they don't have all the emotional ups and downs that me have. What we think they should share with us just isnt on their agenda. If I want to talk to my husband I just tell him that this is how I feel.....not that he would agree with me at all but just that it is how I feel inside. I tell him that doesn't make me right or him wrong but it is just my feelings. It usually works and he sometimes can tell me how he feels too. Doesn't always make sense to me (hehehe) as I am sure my feelings don't make too much sense to him at times either. Hope this helps.
    mamadoggie43

Answer by mamadoggie43 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• He probably has alot on his mind and u have 2 remember that he is a man! he doesn't like to talk
    Kaerazo

Answer by Kaerazo at 5:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2010