have you called cps?

what did you call about? i see alot of moms saying oh call cps about alot of posts and was wondering if/ what you have actually called about.

marilyn623

Asked by marilyn623 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• op- and what ended up happening after you called too
    marilyn623

Answer by marilyn623 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yes I did, I called them on my mom. Told them EVERYTHING that was going on. They told me they would come check on me and my siblings but instead they called my mom told her everything I said and she convinced them I was lying. She came home that night and beat me unconscious

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My ex called them on me - twice. The first time he told them that I was having "various men in and out of my house" (which was news to my then boyfriend, now husband!), that I had alcohol accessible to the children, that I had porn laying around the house, etc. All this was obviously unfounded - but they came and talked to me, talked to the kids, and talked to the kids teachers and other caregivers.
    The second time he told them that my current husband was molesting my 12 year old son with autism. My son never said anything to that effect, and there's rarely a time that my husband is home without me being here BUT my ex made the claim so all 3 of my kids had to go have "adult" exams done and had to meet with a psychologist for several weeks, my husband had to go downtown to the police station and be interrogated and have a lie detector test. It was all unfounded, of course.

Answer by missanc at 5:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nope, I don't have my nose that far in other peoples parenting to call cps. I am a stay at home mom and these days, I talk to my friend's on the phone more than I see them. I don't know my neighbors really.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't think it was called CPS when I was a kid, but when I was old enough to cry out for help, I did just that, but whoever I asked for help from (school councelor? social worker? I can't remember) went to speak with my father and he told them I was an unruly kid who defied authority and he had no idea how to handle me. They believed him and left. He "handled" me well that night with the buckle end of his belt and no food for 3 days. Yup, I was unruly for believing someone who help me.

If I truly believed a child was being abused or neglected today I would call CPS. I would never make a frivolous call out of speculation or out of spite - never.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I am a mandatory reporter and have to legally report any suspicision of child abuse. I do NOT need prove...not my job. It is social services job to determine if abuse is really going on. I have had to report parents before while working in a child care center. We don't always know the outcome. One family we had to report because they were neglected their children..we called social services came out and the parents took off. They have done this at other centers too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nope. There are few things on here that warrant wasting CPS time. I have not met anyone who I deemed it necessary. I think it's scary on here the way so many moms urge other moms to call CPS over frivolous issues or as a slam against their step child's biological mother.
    Anonymous