is she on the path to be a "tomboy"?

my daughter has no intrest in her dolls doll house and other grily toys she much rather play with my son's cars play tools and dart guns. she also hates dresses...she is 2
maybe its too soon to tell but my friend's daughters are more girly girls and they are the same age and they also have older brothers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she sounds like me im a hardcore tomboy lol. i love football, baseball, NCAA basketball, the Civil war., mosh pits, screaming music..i was that way when i was young too according to my mom i hated dresses
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• 1 There is nothing wrong with being a tomboy
    2 I played with cars and stuff and ya in school I was not girly girly but I am now.
    Let her be her
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i never said there was anything wrong with being a tomboy i was one also...
    Anonymous

• I was a very big tom boy when I was young. I was just as rough as the boys, being that I was the only girl in my neighborhood. There is nothing wrong with girls playing with trucks or making mud pies or any of that stuff. Encourage her to use her imagination, that's what she needs to be doing at her age. I have some of the best childhood memories that a person could have!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• How about she is on her way to being her own person? Just because she's female doesn't mean she has to follow a prescribed list of what to wear or what to play with. Love her for who she is and encourage her no matter what.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• That doesn't mean she's on the verge of being a tomboy.
    I agree with a PP. She is on her way to being her own person.
    I hate dresses to this day, did as a kid as well, and I was a complete tomboy. However, I still played with dolls and dollhouses. There is a such thing as a mixture of the toy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• What does it matter? Love her for who she is. My daughter loves boy stuff, too. In fact we're gonna have to get her some matchbox cars because my son has some and she loves them. She loves all sorts of firetrucks, cars, stuff like that...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree there is nothing wrong with being a toyboy. I was one growing up--well until about age 12. Cause I played mostly with my brother and his friends or boys. My oldest was the opposite when she was little had to have her hair up and in dresses. Now at 16 I can't bribe her into a dress. My youngest plays with cars and dolls. And loves to wrestle. But loves to dress up and look like a princess. She wants to play with cars let her. Don't force her into playingwith dolls if she wants to play in the mud.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• depends on the kid. my oldest preferred to run over her dolls with her shiny red firetruck when she was 2. she's 8 now, not afraid to get down and dirty but loves the girly girl.

same with my younger 2 as well, although that line blurs with #3.....she's got so much big sister influence she's a little diva (*sigh*)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010