anyone get thier W2's back yet?

im anxiously waiting for ours so we can get my car fixed and caught up on bills. my husband was laid off for 2 months during the summer and damn that hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm hoping it'll be soon we're also using our refunds to move. I'm excited...its the 2nd most wonderful time of the year lol.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not yet we most likely will have ours online at the end of the week though
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• No, I havnt and neither has my hubby.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nope we're military and we'll get ours online around January 20th
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not Yet, but Hubb's boss is really good about getting them back. We had our return back by the 6th of Feb last year, because they got the W2's out before the end of Jan. I'm glad there's a deadline, because I know some emlpoyers would probably hold it off as long as they could. But when we get ours back I'm getting a new Digital SLR Camera, I'm soo freaking excited. THEN I get to take my brand new baby (The DLSR) on it's first road trip to AZ. This year is going to be freaking sweet!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You've got to be kidding!! I work in payroll and do you have any idea what all has to be done to get those out? When I get back to the office tomorrow morning, I'll be turning off my phone for at least a week just so I don't have to put up with the people calling to ask when they'll be ready. I'll probably have them out by the 15th - if everyone's lucky!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• DH's W-2 probably won't be available until January 20th like April says, because we're military, too.
    Unfortunately, we have to wait for all the other documents that are required to file our taxes because we have student loans, we own a house, and we receive interest on various things. We get to file our granddaughter this year, which will help a lot.

If you want to get a guesstimate of how much you might get back in a refund (or how much you'll owe), you can use the info from your last paystub of the year and look around online for tax refund calculators. Use several of them, though, because they all gave me different amounts. I tried the calculators at TaxSlayer, Taxbrain, TurboTax, and H&R Block, if that helps you any.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• We are also Military (ARMY) and we wont be able to print our W-2 off the website the soldiers use to look up the paychecks etc. Anyways we will be hitting the tax center AS SOON AS THEY ARE OPEN. the faster and sooner we do it the faster and sooner we get our refund back!!!!!! I really need to pay off our Credit cards under his and my name and the rest is going to food and savings.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nope not yet. I'm hoping they'll come in a timely matter. I hate filing taxes and so the sooner we can get it over and done with the better.
    Anonymous

• I wish! We probably won't get our for another couple of weeks. Lucky for me, I will be receiving my school refund on the 18th, so I won't be too anxious!
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 6:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010