What happens when someone goes Awol from the Army?

My sister Fiance is in the Army and has been for years now. He is in his 40's and should know what to expect by now what the Army is like and how they do things. He is in training right now and leaves for Iraq in Feb. He calls my sister out of the blue today and said he is tired of them calling him a piece of Sh*t everyday and being bossed around and wants to come home. He tells her to drive to the Army base in Mississippi (we live in Tn) to come get him and he is leaving.What kind of trouble would he be in if he did leave?What kind of trouble would my sister face for going to get him and knowing of it? I told her to tell him she did not make him join the Army years ago and its not her place to come and get him,that she should not feel obligated to do so, They have only been together for almost a year now and she is 22 years old and he is way older then her. He should not put her in this situation.. I dont know... help lol(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• well thats a VERY serious situaton.! and since he signed a contract for the united states military and the part of "swearing in" he suppose to abided by that contract. they will lock him up im not sure how long it is. bujt he will be locked up im not sure how long or what will happen to your sister for hleping him. but he shouldve thought about that way before.

army wife <3
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 6:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• What Armywifelovely said. Shit, if my husband went AWOL (he is army) he would get in trouble. Sometimes if someone does go AWOL they give him or her once chance to stay in the army and get counseling or keep staying AWOL and get fined/jail.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• He would lose all pay drop to e1 and go to the brig and more then likely a fine.. and maybe bad conduct discharge, but it depends on who his court martal judge would be but he would go to a CM
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 6:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2010