Is it possible to be too happy-go-lucky? How can I tone it down? Should I?

I have found that in relationships (if I am really in love and happy) I tend to be happy-go-lucky. This tends to get on some men's nerves. Especially the types that are more cool, quiet, and reserved. Is it immature on my part to be that way? Should I try to tone it down? From married friends and family I've asked, they tend to think that usually there is one of each in most marriages/relationships. Its not that I don't love myself, but there are improvements that could be made. How can I work on toning down the happy-go-lucky? I think relationships all the way around could be more fulfilling if I could be more somber (so to speak), and give a sense of mystery. When I tried really hard once, to hold back and just "chill", speak softly, listen more intently (instead of dominating the conversation, like I do sometimes), act as if I was only slightly interested in the guy it seemed to drive him wild! Advise please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should be you. Don't change for anyone. The right man will come along who appreciates your happy go lucky self.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You should always be yourself, always. If you have to "tone it down" for someone, they aren't worth your time!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2010