Should Obama Send 6 Gitmo Detainees Back to Yemen?

Considering the "Underwear bomber" trained with Al-Qaeda in Yemen?

The Obama administration plans to return six Yemeni Guantanamo detainees to their home country, a risky breakthrough that could lead to the release of dozens more detainees.

Yemenis are the largest group at Guantanamo, accounting for 97 of the 210 remaining detainees, with at least 34 cleared for release. But al-Qaeda is believed to be thriving in Yemen, a destitute nation with little security.

http://www.newser.com/story/76487/us-to-send-6-gitmo-detainees-back-to-yemen.html

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 6:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It seems that it would be prudent to put that plan on hold until there can be an investigation into this whole mess. To continue on this path with the knowledge we have now will prove him to be one who suffers from tunnel-vision without the flexibility needed to respond to events in the world.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/18/AR2009121800898.html?hpid=topnews

Here is the Washington Post article, as well.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• just bomb gitmo and get them out the way, they are a issue where ever they go. I know i dont want my Dh to be there guard and i dont want them lose again
    Anonymous

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Considering recent events and information, it seems like a REALLY bad idea.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i think we should go ahead and throw this Ignorant president out of office ......why release them in the first place why even bring it up ??? it makes no sense to me that was his first thing he did as president and for what reason my opinion is that he is a damn terrorist like them and is their buddy . he still has yet to give us a birth certificate and look at his name people HELLO I did not vote for him and who ever did needs to be slapped in the face!!!
    Anonymous

• No, we should take them to a missile testing site, strap a bomb to them, handcuffed to a convicted death row inmate and boom two birds one stone.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh my crissy! Good idea - probably illegal - but good idea.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I don't know why the detainees would have a problem with Chrissy's plan. Suicide attacks are there trademark...and then there is that whole 72 virgin thing.............. Now the death row inmate might have a legitimate problem with it...they would be "going" with terrorists and there would be no lethal injection thing.....

Oh heck...let's just John Wayne it.....test that missile! We could even shoot it over to Ahmadinajad as a little "gift."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Only a complete idiot would think this is a good idea.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 10:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010