Tax Question! Can i claim my unborn child?

When i was pregnant with my second daughter in Germany H&R Block off post in Germany said i can add her to get more money. All i had to do was give them her social and birth certificate. which we did but i dont know if it has changed? This year my husband and i are going to do our taxes on base for free. Should i just call them when they open after Jan 21st ? I am due April 1st

Asked by aeroslove at 6:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No you can't claim an unborn child b/c you need a SS# and birth certificate. You will be able to claim your child on your 2010 taxes.

Answer by Morgain at 6:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• You cannot get a social security number for a non-existent person. You cannot claim a fetus as a dependent.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• how did you have a social security number and birth certificate for an unborn child? You don't get them untill the birth and you fill out the forms in the hospital.

• The child has to born on or before Dec 31 to be claimed for the year

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I am not having my baby at a hospital, its going to be a home birth. I was just asking!

Answer by aeroslove at 6:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• WOAH are you crazy seriously? I am reporting you

Answer by aeroslove at 6:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2010