anyone use "your baby can read"? What were your results and how much is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No I have not. But my sister was able to teach her kids sign language before they could talk. We know that babies have recognition skills at a very early age but cannot talk due to thier pallet needing to grow. So the concept of how the teaching is done makes a lot of since. If a child can start learning sign language at 8 mos. A toddler can lesrn to read.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 7:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Babies & toddlers can not learn to read! Studies show that even if you teach your kids to "read" at an early age, they don't have the ability to comprehend the meaning of the words they are "reading", so they are really just memorizing letters and sounds. Also, they eventually even out with all the other children which means they are no more ahead in the long run than they would have been to just learn to read at the appropriate age. Save your money & let your baby be a baby! They grow up fast enough as it is!

Anonymous

• I agree with Roharn and anon :)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Did you know that Baby Einstein was in a huge lawsuit because it was proven that the dvds contributed to ADD? I think this would be just as bad or possibly even worse. Let your baby be a baby and just read read read TO them. They will learn to read when they are ready.

Seriously I don't understand this drive to make kids grow up faster than they do already. Let kids be kids is what I think.
    Anonymous

• I bought these for my son because he wasnt talking much and we thought it would help him learn some new words and it did not only was he learning new words but he is recognizing them he plays along with them when it shows arms up before it says it he does it he also learned his body parts from it I mean me and my husband work with him too but it helped our son its worth a try he loves it
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2010