WHAT DO YOU THINK OF A GASTRIC BYPASS

HAVE YOU HAD A GASTRIC BYPASS, IF YOU DID HOW DO YOU FEEL

GRACIEPARTIDA

Asked by GRACIEPARTIDA at 6:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I feel like it is an easy way out! I havent personally had it, but my mom did. She really never fixed the problem so she replaced one habit (eating food) with another (drinking). So now she is an alcoholic, not much better! She has had a lot of problems with being anemic, and not getting enough vitamins. I think a person might enjoy losing weight a lot more if they really had to work for it!

Anonymous

• I've never had this surgery, but I think it's a great option for improving your health!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My mom had it done years ago, 87 or 89 I think. She was very successful with it, but she also changed her eating habits and lifestyle, which is key in my opinion. Some people can't lose weight any other way, but it is not an easy fix or a "get out of being fat" pass. If you still overeat you will stretch your stomach out and end up back at square one.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Not a good idea unless the person's life is at risk. I've seen the bad side of this and have heard many horror stories.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2010