Still on my quest for the answer

I need to let it be known that I am not attacking SDA's I'm just curiouse as to why on more then just food. If anyone knows if a Q&A site I can go to for JW's and Catholics I would appreciate the knowledge.

So I wennt to amazingfacts.com, they are SDA so Ifigured I would ask them my question this is all I got...

We believe the matter of unclean meats, and alcoholic beverages are sin. They show a deeper problem of disobeying God, thus are a matter of salvation.

Why didn't he share scripture as to why or even try to explain why?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is someones twisted interpertation of the bible. A lot of times there are denominations that try to make the scriptures fit their picture and make it people happy.... that was never God's intent!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry but I really am interested as to what exactly SDA is? If we are talking about the bible here I don't know anywhere found that it's a sin to eat meat and partake of alcohol. Is that the basis of your question?
    Anonymous

• Yes that food and drink is a matter of salvation even though Jesus said it isn't. I want to know how can someone believe in this doctrine when the bible says differently is all. Is it how it is being read, the bible I mean or is there something else I don't know?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• SDA is the denomination of Seventh Day Adventists.
    Anonymous

• If anyone knows if a Q&A site I can go to for JW's and Catholics I would appreciate the knowledge.
    ---------------------------------

JW- www.watchtower.org

Anonymous

• The catechism of the catholic church says this about fasting:

2043 The fourth precept ("You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church") ensures the times of ascesis and penance which prepare us for the liturgical feasts and help us acquire mastery over our instincts and freedom of heart.

Basically, fasting from certain foods (like meat on Fridays) is used as a tool to help us learn to master our passions and overcome temptations as well as prepare for important feast (like Easter or Christmas). Food and alcohol are not considered sinful or wrong. Pregnant women, children and the elderly or sick are not supposed to fast.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• This is a website were you can look up facts about the practices of the Catholic Church.

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• But this isn't about fasting this is about the kosher food laws still in play and our food being a matter of salavtion.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If you don't agree with the Seventh Day Adventists then don't follow them. Clearly you have read enough of the Bible to know that Jesus said it was fine to skip those rules. Why argue it? Just move on to a more reasonable mainstream Bible based church. and if somebody else is argueing with you just tell him he has no proof and is wrong just walk away.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• There were very good reasons in the Middle East in ancient times for avoiding certain foods for health reasons, especially pork ( parasites ) and shellfish ( algae contamination ) and many of these found their way into the religious, dietary rules of the day. The proscriptions against alcohol and stimulants reflect the influence of the temperance movements on the rising non-conformist churches during the industrial revolution . The RC ' fish on Fridays ' was the result of lobbying the Pope by the influential Portuguese fishing industry to extend its markets for stockfish ( salt cod } in the 1500s. None of this Is God-given. It is sect or church given. Eat what you like and if any of the 'rules ' appeal to you, it is your choice to follow them. It will make no difference to your salvation whether you eat a pork chop or a can of tuna next Friday

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010