If your cousin through marriage had a daughter that does not want to be facebook friends and infulences her mom not to hang out with you , what would you say to her about her daughter being so snobby?This is my hubby's cousin's wife. Her daughter is really obese and has a female friend that is a ann nicole type really big and slutty. Her mom is

like a puppet. She wanted to have drinks with me but I know her daughter told her not to. This xmas eve they did not come over at all. What should I say to the mom? She is really sweet but this blowing off is so obvious. What should I say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd drop facebook - deal face to face and in emails and calls with whoever whenever. Some kids are just rude. I'm not sure what the obese and anna nicole have to do with anything. Your friend is an adult. It's her choice to be overrun by dd or to step up to the plate of parenting.

Your friend might be herself a victim of abuse that's taken her own selfesteem and power to parent away.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I would ignore them and stop initiating get togethers. You can't control other people, but you can choose to guard yourself from hurtful situations.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything. I would not make anymore offers or invitations. It is their loss and life is too short to sweat rude people.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• good grief, I see why they don't want to be friends with you.
    Anonymous

• anon I just had xmas eve and new years for my families. So good grief anon I can see why they do not want to be friends with you.
    Anonymous

• sounds like u don't like this girl at all. so why would she want you on her friends list? u r not friends.
    Anonymous