Chapstick

Ok my hubby has big lips and is addicted to chapstick ... that's besides the point. A few weeks ago he came home from work with girly chapstick and I asked him about it and he said some nurse at work let him borrow it and he didn't give it back. First off GROSS, secondly what girl gives someone at work chapstick especially the more expensive kind... Anyway I got a lil pissy and forgot about it. So last night he comes home with another girly chapstick (the same kind as last time) apparently she gave him another one because he forgot his again. I guess my questions are :
why would some girl keep giving him chapstick knowing he wouldn't give it back?
why would he take some other woman's chapstick?
why would he do it again if he knew it bothered me?
am I overracting?
should I be worried about flirting at his workplace?

btw he works in a lockdown facility so I have absolutely know idea who this nurse is ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats kinda gross.. you can transfer cold sores and such from sharing chap stick. I'd refuse to kiss him untill he knocks that crap off.. At least let him know it is pissing you off! He probably has no idea..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It's just chapstick. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If it really bugs you get him several chapsticks and put 1 in his car, 1 in the bathroom, 1 in his lunchbox if he uses one, and 1 where ever else it might come in handy. That way he can't forget his very easily. Good luck.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Maybe he likes that type of chapstick and keeps buying it but doesnt want to tell you!
    Anonymous

• Maybe he bought it because it works best and is too embarassed to tell you he bought it since its girly? Yeah the nurse thing is a bad excuss but maybe he is just embarassed
    Anonymous

• I didn't think about the things that could spread from sharing it. >.< My idea would fix that, too!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• OP here ... EWWW I hadn't thought of that!!! I was worried he was being extra friendly at work....
    Anonymous

• does he have chapped lips - before he came home with the girlie the first time?

just play a game of putnsee -

put a package of them with the packaging opened and a tube of chapstick in each pocket of his uniform and dr. bag or briefcase.
    And see when he comes home if he's got any more girlies sticks around or not.

Doe his clothes smell of perfume, does he have a hickey from the nurse who might be nursin his ego?

Don't fight past what's been done unless more oddities happen to him.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• He probably is coming home with them because the nurse doesn't want them back after they've been used by someone else. ewwww. It is probably unimportant to him and so he doesn't realize or remember or think that it might upset you. Buy a big package of them and tuck one in his shirt before he leaves for work.

Answer by Bmat at 7:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Buy him one of these and clip it to his belt or keys. Then he always has some and has no reason to take hers.

This is not my listing, but I thought it was too cute!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37168443

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Borrowing chapstick? Pretty chummy if you ask me!
    Anonymous