Just hit on hard times

Im on wic and food stamps and Im wondering if theres some kind of program that will help pay for like, diapers and wipes for my daughter, shez 1 and im startin to get nervous, were down to 15 diapers and half a box of wipes *i can uze washclothes* but the diapers worry me and i liv in a small town. any ideas? *hubby recently laid off and no work for 6 months with just enough saving to pay bills and rent, on last months worth so theres ZERO extra money and im desperate*
Does any1 kno of somewhere that can help us?
I did ask dis quest. last nite n waz thinkin if any1 had nyother ideas? we have got applications 4 work EVERYWHERE were we live ut no one is hiring for at least 3 mor months. i babysit 5 kidz but i only get abt 150 a week, just enuf to pay rent and electric.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Can you go to churches to help u out? Cloth diapers are good but you still need disposable and cloth to back each other up.
    Disposable are hard to buy all the time but water bills build up from washing cloth diapers all the time along with other laundry.

Check out pullup night time disposable undies - if the one you need diapers for is a toddler or a bit older than those might be less expensive than regular disposable diapers.

Also swim diapers could be less costly than regular disposable diapers.

Supermarkets and pharmacy stores both cell disposable underpants for adults of different sizes -sometimes sizing is weird for any article of clothing and can fit when you'r sure it won't!!!

BirthRight if u have one around u anywhere at all might have some help for u. Around me they collect for moms and babies, kids.

If any of the five kids you babysit for are in diapers themselves u need to have them come to u with own di
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• There is Cash assistants thre DHS not sure of the requirements, but i know of a friend that was on it a while ago.
    Anonymous

• Why do you only get 150 for babysitting 5 kids??? You should be charging more than that.
    Maybe get some cloth diapers till things get better for you. Then you can just keep them washed & you won't run out.
    Anonymous

• http://www.communitywide.org/diapers-for-babies.html
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Why do you have the internet if you cannot afford diapers and wipes?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• its diapup so its 5bucks where i live and my man needs it 4 colleg since we hav no library w/intrnet
    Anonymous

• In our state you can contact the utility company direct and they told us about the financial assistance programs they offer.
    Sorry I don't know about the others. The people you babysit for get a really good deal. I hope they provide food and diapers etc.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Ask grandparents for help.
    Anonymous

• Where in UT are you I may be able to help with both the diaper and job issue
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Your DH can get a student loan to help pay for living expenses. People do it all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2010