I am BF and i need to breasts to dry out. I had my nipples pierced and the milk just pours out of one of the holes that isn't closed up. How do i get my breast to stop producing milk if it keeps leaking out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy a head of cabbage. Use cabbage leaf's inside your bra for half a week or so. Milk will come out, but the cabbage leaf's will dry up your supply and by the end of the week you should have little to no milk left.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/bfhelp-mother.html#piercednipple
    Anonymous

• Uhhh.. what do you mean it leaks out?? .. Everyone leaks breastmilk.. I still leak breastmilk when engorged and when they let-down (the opposite breast that baby is not eating off of will ALSO let down when you let down and this will cause leaking/pouring from the nipple.. the fact that it is coming from your piercing hole is not that concerning unless baby has trouble getting milk from it, but since milk comes from many holes in a nipple anyway I don't think this will be a problem) ...

You should notice that this will ease up when you aren't engorged anymore but you still may leak breastmilk from that breast when your opposite breast lets down..

Get nursing pads and don't stop nursing because of this. This is most likely completely 100% normal..
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nursing pads are in the baby section of pharmacies/drug stores often next to the lanolin etc. If you can't find them ask a cashier.. nothing to be embarrassed about.. breastfeeding is something to be proud of!
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• And if your baby has trouble getting milk from the breast that the milk leaks out of.. Never fear.. we have TWO breasts incase we have twins, not because the baby needs to eat off of both breasts.

If baby has trouble using that breast just don't nurse from that breast. Get a pump and pump from it instead.. you can build up a nice "back-up, what if, whatever" supply in your freezer ..
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010