RE: rsv and how long it is contagious

Ok, i know that RSV is contagious and for about 12 days. My question is if the mother of the infected child comes over, without the child, do i need to keep her away from my 3 month old? Is it only contagious from the infected child or also those in contact with that child?

lolabunny7178

Asked by lolabunny7178 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Health

• My oldest had it about 9 yrs ago and I was told that it is extremely contagious. The mother probably has it or will get it but in older children and adults it just shows up as a severe sinus infection. I would say that you should ask the mother not to come over until everyone is healthy!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I wanted to say thank you for answering my question. I felt that way also but I wanted to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid.
    lolabunny7178

Answer by lolabunny7178 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010