How do you know when your relationship is over, and there is no further point in continuing?

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 8:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think thats a hard question to answer, i disagree with what everyone is saying because there are times when YOU can still have feelings there however there is nothing you can do to change what your partner is doing, when you have trried everything you can to make it work and nothing is changing that is when its over
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I find that when i no longer care about what is going on then it was over, also I just stoped crying over stuff, that really told me alot when the tears were not there to cry.
    Anonymous

• When the bad outweighs the good

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• In my opinion there are times when the lows are VERY low. Peaks and valleys. But when you stop close your eyes and dive really deep inside yourself, and find not ONE ONE thing, then its done. Fairy tales of forever and ever are there. With a massive amount of patience. Like drugs cheating or abuse are things that patience just never shows up I believe. But annoyance, aggravation and stupidity I think, are moments that do pass. Like I said peaks and valleys......
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• When you just don't have anymore feelings or emotions there, then you know it is time to move on. I was in a relationship years ago where I did not like this guy, but he cared for me, but I had to tell him that I did not feel the same. It is miserable to stay with someone you do not care for.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• What about someone that it is obvious they don't care for you any more? They say they do, but their actions speak WAY louder than their words.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 9:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• you will just know!!!!!! no one can answer this for you!
    mOm2bOyS_nY

Answer by mOm2bOyS_nY at 9:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It's very specific to the relationship. There is really no way to answer this question. It's over when two people (or in some cases one person) decide it is end of story.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• "What about someone that it is obvious they don't care for you any more? They say they do, but their actions speak WAY louder than their words. "

Sounds like my life - he swears he wants us but NEVER spends any time with us. Or thinks one hour in a month is good. My head knows I'm an idiot; but my heart hasn't let go yet...one day if he doesn't turn himself around.
    Anonymous

• I think that you know when you can walk away and there is no pain in the goodbye. When I left my ex I never felt sadness or regret. I knew that it was over because I felt free finally. I know some of your situation, and I believe that you have probably gotten to the point of goodbye a while back, but only you know this 100%...
    psych_mom

Answer by psych_mom at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2010