Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving away?

I am considering moving from an island outside the US to the states and will be alone(I'm leaving my SO) and was wondering what would be the bare essentials for doing so. What would I need to get done or make sure I have? thanx

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Travel

Answers (4)
  • Just think of what you use now and start making that list.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • There are plenty of options. To start all over, with a job I am hoping, a furnished apartment. If not then like the one above me said, essentials. But while keeping that in mind make it the bare minimum essintials. I have never moved that far in distance. But have moved alllot. Message me and ill go over it with you.

    Answer by mommymeof2 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • Well a passport for one. Are you American? You need money, enough to pay first and last month's rent and deposit. You can buy a bed off or something. You need references for rent and a job to show you can pay the rent. The rest is easy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

  • First you would need residency to the US.
    An already established place to stay,

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Travel
Honeymoon ideas?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
ugh lame pick up lines