What potty seat do you recommend?

I'm open to the one that goes over the toliet and the potty throne. I'm just not sure which brands are of good quality and at good prices. Thanks.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 8:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a girl and her first potty was a winnie the pooh disney potty chair, she refused to use it because the lip in the front hurt her butt. If you have a round toilet, I'd definately try the potty seats that go on the toilet. We have the cheapo white with little ducks from walmart and it's great. Our toilets are oblong, so they don't fit as well. We did have a step one basic pink potty chair that DD did great with. I ended up taking the lid off, because it was taking up too much room, so we didn't get to use it as a step stool too. There was also a princess potty with all the bells and whistles from walmart, after a week we took the batteries out, it was so very annoying. That was probably the best, it was easy to clean, dd liked it, and it easily turned to a step stool. The potty comes out to put on the toilet, but it's not easy to take on and off like the duck one. She has a tinkerbell seat that she has no prob using too.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• We bought the cheapo Dora one, but honestly it was used maybe 5 times (by 2 kids). It's just easier to go right on the toilet. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• at walmart,its called cushie toshie, its like 12 dollars i think might be cheaper. its got ducks on it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Thank you ladies...looks like I'll start with the duckie one.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• the pink baby bjorn, i know it is pricey but i have tried alot of the cheap ones with my daugther and it hurt her all the time and left marks on her. I also have a very soft cushy Disney Princess one that goes over the toilet.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2914740

Something like this but its a diff color more like purple and the handles go outward and in

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11720534

aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2010