Why are you on cafemom?

someone answered another question I posted saying that she wasn't on cm to make friends so it got me to thinking? why is she and/or why am I on cm?

I have a few groups that I like to check often- I come to see what is new in them. I also like this question section. I love my playlist...I often listen to the music while I'm cleaning. I come here for advice sometimes. I have a few "friends" that I will chat with on IM every now and then but I guess I'm not really here for friendship either??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm comfortable here. I like being here. I have groups and care about the members of each of those groups. I have friends on here. It all works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yes, I'm not here to make friends. There are groups that I'm a member of that I enjoy participating in. I have a fondness for baking and decorating cakes, etc and I'm a Mom who enjoys playing mmorpg type games.
    Anonymous

• I came for support in the beginning. Now I come here daily for the Q&A section. I do love to help when I can but I really love to learn how people think etc.. It really helps me to understand the different types of people I come in contact with or will come in contact with. I am not really here for friends either, I like people that I can see, talk to and go out to dinner with. I like face to face, not so much IM..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I have no life and enjoy bashing people I judge to be of a lesser caliber than I.....lmfao j/k....I honestly came in here hoping to find other mommies like myself to chat with and get advice from. THEN I read some posts and questions/answers and realized this place is mostly freakos and jerks and I would be afraid to take advice from most of them lol. Still hoping to find the normal(ish) gals I came in here looking for someday....until then it's entertaining and I do manage to have some good conversations occasionally.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Socialize and interact with women in my similar situation. However I didn't realize that I would find real true friends here. I just came for the social aspects. I now have an amazing group of friends that have taught me what girlfriends are all about.
    Personally I always wonder why any one would say "I am not a people person".. What is the point then? What is the real point of life if not to interact with other humans? Really? I mean I have a friend who is more comfortable around animals but she smiles every time we meet and talk. So I understand her life is about animals. What is the purpose of life if not to meet and talk and become friendly?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i like to hear what other moms my age has to say. the q&a drove me in lol.
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It gives me something to do when the kids are sleepn and busband is a work, I learned alot of people on here are rude and immature so that why im hardly on it. so honestly i like the site to a point other then that it just kills time
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 8:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I like to play the games and it's interesting to hear what other moms across the country have to say and how they think sometimes.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I like to meet new people, discuss various topics of interests with other people who like similar stuff.
    I like learning new things and helping answer questions when someone asks them.

It is also a hobby that keeps me from being bored occasionally throughout the day. LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• More of the Questions and Answers section then anything but i do check on my groups and post there and answer peoples questions.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 10:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2010