c-sections ?!?!

i am going to have my third c-section in february and find myself freaking out about it?? i wasnt like this with my other two and both there recoverys where great so i dont no why i am freaking out so much. i cant go a day with out thinking about it and i just want to be able to enjoy myself, being my third i sould be fine but i am just SOOOOO scared somthing is going to happen being its my third!! any one else feel this way?? Or maybe i just need some reasurance so if there is any one out there who has had three or more c-sections please tell me how it went!!!

mellmom2

Asked by mellmom2 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If the reason you are having a third c section is because your doctor won't let you do a VBAC than yes you are putting both yourself and your baby in danger. The risks are greater with each section you have. I really thing you should re think your decision to have one.

Look at childbirthconnection.com (maybe org?). They have great information on there about c sections and vaginal births.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i have to have a c-section because my first was a emergancy and the cut is up and down which makes it more risky also my last one was 18 months ago so i dont think they would let me for that reason also. trust me i tryed to get a vbac i was even in tears : (
    mellmom2

Answer by mellmom2 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i agree, maybe your intuition is leading you toward VBAC, which would likely be safer :) gl!
    Anonymous

• Do you feel uneasy about your doctor? If you don't agree with his/her judgment or you are wanting in your heart to try a different approach or maybe you just don't like one of the nurses in the practice... so many things could be the cause of your uneasiness.

Bringing your little one into the world is a big deal and you have every right to your emotions about it. The best way for me to feel confident about big life events like that is to have the best team of helpers possible. Is this the same doc who helped you through your others?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Your doctor cannont force you into anything-whether your incision is horizontal or a classical. Your probably not too late to switch doctors. Seriously, all you have to do to get a vbac is show up at the hospital in active labor and refuse surgery. They cannont force you into anything!! It is not more risky than a vaginal birth!
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• no i love my doctor he delivered both my other ones. i just for some reason and freaking out i dont no if its because of all these horror storys i am hearing in the news or papers latly about women who are giving birth both vaginaly or by c-setion, if its having a third baby or if its just the c-section in general???? i am just so lost!!!
    mellmom2

Answer by mellmom2 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Honey I know EXACTLY how you feel! My scheduled c-section is in 10 DAYS!!!! I'm a nervous wreck and this is my 2nd cesarean! Only my first was an emergency and it was very scary so I'm comparing all the bad to it. I have that uneasy feeling too, I've even cried myself to sleep several nights thinking that these are the last days I'm going to be spending with my beautiful daughters and that I will die during the surgery and never see my beautiful unborn daughter's face. I think it is natural to be worried when you're anticipating anything major like surgery. I also wanted to VBAC but I can't due to poorly spaced pregnancies. I'm sure there are a lot of things contributing to your fears that you just might not have recognized the other 2 times. Just try & relax and enjoy your kids til then, everything will be fine!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i have had 3. Goin g for my 4th and last in March. I get nervous too. With each surgery, it gets more difficult to perform. Also some ppl do vbacs after multiple cesareans. I wouldn't. But I wish I would have attempted after the first . c sections are not fun. My first was emergency.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• my first was am emergancy at 32 weeks and my second was a planned at 35 weeks due to sortening cervix. so far this pregnancy has been the easiest (knock on wood) . tnm786 thats exsactly how i feel!! i cant help but look at my kids and think what if i am not going to be here to watch them grow up or all that other great stuff.
    mellmom2

Answer by mellmom2 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I've had 4 c-sections (and gearing up for a 5th in July) and with each one I got more nervous. I'm the kind of person that would rather not know what is going on. When I went into my first not knowing what to expect I was pretty calm right about until they put the spinal in. Then I started getting nervous that something would go wrong. With my 2nd I started getting nervous that week and was doing everything I could to stay calm on the drive to the hospital. With the 3rd I started getting nervous the month before I was due and with #4 I was freaking out about half way through. This time around I'm doing everything I can to not think about it otherwise I have an anxiety attack. during my last one they offered me a sedative 3 times because of my anxiety and I spent most of the surgery concentrating on my breathing so I wouldn't freak out. All of them went smoothly.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2010