cough medicine for pregnant woman

I have been coughing since 5 days ago.. i am 10weeks pregnant now. it brothers me especially at night and I am worried sometimes when I was coughing I found little bit spot on my panties (light brown). I took tylenol sore throat for now..the ER doctor said it is fine for me to take any cough medicine but most of the medicine has label warning 'if pregnant ask a health professional before use" ..

uni_marte

Asked by uni_marte at 9:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dark chocolate will knock out a cough in seconds. Get real dark chocolate, not the kind with any milk or cream or any dairy in it. Way better than cough drops. Just a little nibble. Like half an ounce.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My OB said it was okay to use Robitussin.. The regular stuff nothing else..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Definitely ask your OB. I was told that NOTHING is ok in the first trimester.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 9:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Guaranteed safe, if you're not allergic - a spoonful of honey. OR mix 1 tablespoon each of sugar, apple cider vinegar, and butter. Heat just enough to mix well, and swallow while still warm. OR, mix 2 teaspoons each of honey and apple cider vinegar into a glass of water, and sip as needed to calm cough.
    Anonymous

• As long as you don't take any decongestants it's ok to take robitussin. Different dr.s feel differently about this.
    Anonymous