do guys ever get over being hurt?

i hurt my daughters father very badly. theres no excuse for it and it was 6 months ago.. he still wont even look me in the eyes. he'd rather me dead it feels like. im very regretful for what i did to him (i didnt cheat on him) -- i just couldnt choose between him and the person i was actually dating at the time and he came in out of no where wanting me back, which turned out awful!.. i didnt pick my daughters dad...

i miss him so much now, everyday he goes through my mind almost all day. i know i need to get over it bc he will never forgive me or even think of me as someone he could be with again. im just lost of words and advice for myself.

will he ever get over it? and are my chances really shot to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He can get over it. Whether he WILL or not is another thing. Make him want you again. Don't chase him but be available and be kind to him. Let him see your good characteristics so they can outweigh the hurt he endured.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'm sort of in the same boat. Before DH n I got married (married 2 years now) we split for a month or so because I just could not let go of my ex. He was my first love & I really didn't understand what went wrong & I needed answers. So I went to find out. Well of course it hurt my DH (boyfriend) at the time. It killed him almost. And honestly I'm surprised he took me back. Men IMO have a harder time trusting & allowing themselves to fall in love so when they do & they get hurt its takes just as much time to get over it. My DH had a hard time letting it go. but he finally did. Now there are days when he still brings it up & it hurts him but he rememeber thats we're together & what we have is wonderful & we move on.Everything takes time. Give him time & see if he comes, around keep your distance but still show him you wanna make it work. GOOD LUCK!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Get the Love Dare Book and follow it day for day. It will help you show him how much he means to you and how serious you are about him.
    Anonymous

• EVER HEARD THE SAYING YOU WANT WHAT YOU CAN'T HAVE, SOUNDS LIKE THAT MIGHT BE WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING. HE WILL GET OVER IT WHEN YOU DO. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP THE OTHER GUY WAS YOUR CHOICE AT THE TIME THATS ALL, AND LIFE IS FULL OF CHOICES. IF YOU TRUELY WANT THE CHILD'S FATHER BACK TIME WILL HEAL.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2010