Cervical mucus during pregnancy??

I'm a little overly paranoid because my first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage at 12 weeks. Right now I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I've been experiencing some strange cervical mucus. This is a little explicit, but the color has been off....kinda yellowish-brownish. Almost like diluted spotting and a little chunky like there may be tissue in it or something. It is occasional, I can go several days with nothing and then I use the restroom and find this. No cramping, just weird little twinges. I had my hormone levels checked last week, but won't have the results until tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone could put me at ease or if this seems to be early miscarriage signs?

RStoppkotte

Asked by RStoppkotte at 9:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you had sex recently? In my first trimester I lost a little bit of my mucus plug every time I had an orgasm, even if there was no penetration. My midwife said that's normal for some women and fine. She told me not to get worried until I saw pink or red.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i used to have mucus too. actually, thats the reason i made my OB apt, and thats when i found out i was preggers. I knew before the apt because when i finally got in i was already 17 weeks. i would say its normal. everything is changing when you are pregnant, mucus is no exception.
    If you are worried about it, when you get ur results, talk to ur dr and let him/her know.
    Anonymous